top of page

Marticot Island Lighthouse

NOTE: Due to a lack of high fidelity imagery, and the similarity of most modern skeletal towers, the images and 3D model shown are the same as at La Haye Point Lightouse.


Marticot Island is shaped roughly like a dumbell, and is located in Placentia Bay. The first lighthouse was established there in 1909, near the islands 330ft summit. The tower was an octagonal wooden structure with sloping sides and a horizontally striped red and white pattern.


In 1961, this tower was replaced by a combination fog alarm building similar to the one on Bell Island. This new tower again shared the red and white daymark pattern of the previous light.


This tower was also demolished and replaced by the modern skeletal structure sometime in the 1990s.

Marticot Island, Newfoundland and Labrador A0E 0C4, Canada
bottom of page